|Saucy Mama Balsamic Chicken Ravioli with Light Tarragon Cream Sauce|
I love creamy, cheesy sauces, but I don't love what they do to my hips! I also have a super soft spot for rich, hearty Italian food, but again, it doesn't always fit into a healthy lifestyle. Sometimes, I just need a bit of a cheat day, so today I'll show you how I take a shortcut or two, in order to save a few calories.
Saucy Mama is coming to the flavor rescue again today, with some Balsamic Chicken Ravioli with Light Tarragon Cream Sauce. I slow cooked the chicken in the crock pot and just used some Saucy Mama Four Leaf Balsamic Vinaigrette and Marinade. Then, I created a light cream sauce using mostly chicken stock and just a bit of cream. I thickened it up with cornstarch instead of the traditional butter and flour roux. Instead of cheese, I topped the dish with some delicious garlic mushrooms and dinner was served!
Saucy Mama's Four Leaf Balsamic Vinaigrette and Marinade is light, tangy and super smooth. It would be AMAZING with just a simple salad or even as a steak marinade!
Saucy Mama Balsamic Chicken Ravioli with Light Tarragon Cream Sauce
Prep Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 4 hours, 30 minutes / Servings: 24 ravioli
|Saucy Mama Balsamic Chicken Ravioli|
with Light Tarragon Cream Sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- 12 oz. Saucy Mama Four Leaf Balsamic Vinaigrette and Marinade (click link to order)
- 12 oz. package of wonton sheets
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz. sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. corn starch, dissolved in 2 tbsp. cold water
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon, plus one large sprig for garnish
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Combine the chicken breast tenders, 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock and all of the Saucy Mama Four Leaf Balsamic Vinaigrette and Marinade. Stir until combined, cover the crock pot and cook on high heat for about 4 hours. Shred the chicken with a fork, drain the chicken from the juices and set aside, reserving the juices.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a large cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Lay about a dozen wonton sheets out on a flat surface and wet the edges. Place a rounded tablespoon of the Balsamic Chicken into the center of each wonton sheet. Cover the chicken with a second wonton sheet and press the edges of the two sheets together with a fork, creating a seal on each side. Spray both sides of the ravioli with non-stick cooking spray, place them on the cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, until the edges of the ravioli are golden brown. Repeat until the wonton sheets are all used.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add 2 cloves of garlic and all the sliced mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cook on medium heat for 7-10 minutes, until mushrooms are browned and liquid is cooked off.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the remaining 2 cups of chicken stock, the heavy cream, the remaining clove of garlic and chopped tarragon. Season with salt and pepper and stir until combined. Bring to a boil and whisk in the corn starch until thickened.
- To assemble: Place the ravioli onto a large serving dish. Top with the tarragon cream sauce and then with the garlic mushrooms. Garnish with a large sprig of tarragon in the center. Serve immediately.
Post a Comment