|Caprese and Olive Rosemary Skewers|
Let's face it...for most of us, New Year's Eve is more about consuming a few (too many) cocktails. If you're hosting a party, you're probably more concerned about what kind of bubbly to serve at midnight than you are about the appetizers being passed around on trays.
Get some food in those bellies before the clock strikes! Here are 9 quick and easy amazing appetizers for your New Years Eve Bash! Each of these is ready in just about 30 minutes or less, so you won't spend too much time at the store or stove!
Gorgonzola Stuffed Figs in a Blanket with Honey Balsamic Glaze
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 15 minutes / Servings 20-24 pieces
- 10-12 fresh, Black Mission figs
- 4 oz. Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- 8 oz. thinly sliced Prosciutto
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- a pinch of garlic powder
- a pinch each of salt and pepper
- 2 scallions, green parts only, finely chopped
- 1 bottle of your favorite red wine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the hard tips off the figs and cut them in half lengthwise down the middle.
- Stuff a large chunk of Gorgonzola cheese into the middle of each fig half.
- Tear the prosciutto into thin, uneven strips and wrap it around the stuffed figs. Don't worry about being neat or even, some of them will have more than others.
- Place the figs on a cookie sheet and place them in the oven at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes. Be careful not to over cook them, the cheese will melt and leak out if they're cooked for too long. Just get the prosciutto warm and a little bit crisp. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the glaze, combine the honey, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and combined. Add in about 3/4 of the chopped scallions and stir.
- To serve: Transfer the figs to a serving dish and transfer the glaze to a small serving bowl. Drizzle some of the glaze over the figs with a spoon and garnish the figs with the rest of the scallions.
Raw Cashew & Lemon Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms
|Raw Cashew & Lemon Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms|
- 10 oz. whole Crimini mushrooms, center stems removed
- 15-20 large basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2/3 cup raw cashews (plus a few for garnish)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor or blender combine basil, parsley, scallion, garlic, lemon juice and cashews. Season with salt and pepper and pulse food processor until roughly chopped.
- Scrape ingredients down into the bottom of the food processor and blend the ingredients again, streaming the olive oil in slowly. Blend for about 30 seconds until the pesto is smooth and creamy.
- Place the mushroom caps open side up on a serving dish. Spoon the pesto into the mushroom caps. Top with lemon zest and garnish with a whole cashew.
Raspberry Chipotle Cheese Spread with Fresh Baked Pita Chips
Prep Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 15 minutes / Servings: 4
|Raspberry Chipotle Cheese Spread with|
Fresh Baked Pita Chips
- 3-4 slices pita bread
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 tbsp. water
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut each of the pita bread pieces into 8 triangles.
- Place the triangles onto a cookie sheet. Brush or drizzle each of the triangles with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, until crispy. Remove from heat and allow to cool before serving.
- While the chips are baking, combine the cream cheese and goat cheese in a large mixing bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir to combine. Stir in the dried cranberries and walnuts until combined.
- Spray a 4"x2" ramekin with cooking spray and spoon the cheese spread into the ramekin, flattening out the top. Place the cheese spread in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to cool and set.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the raspberry jam and chipotle powder. Add 1 tbsp. water and mix until smooth and combined.
- To Serve: Turn the ramekin with the cheese spread upside down on a serving platter, releasing the set cheese spread. Spoon the raspberry chipotle sauce on top of the cheese spread and arrange the pita chips on the platter next to the cheese spread.
Bacon and Avocado Wrapped Mozzarella Sticks
Prep Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 20 minutes / Servings: 12
|Bacon and Avocado Wrapped Mozzarella Sticks|
- 12 frozen, pre-cooked Mozzarella Sticks
- 1 large, ripe avocado, sliced into 12 pieces
- 12 slices of pre-cooked bacon
- 12 tbsp. black bean and corn salsa
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Allow the cheese stick to sit out and thaw for about 5-10 minutes.
- Lay the strips of bacon out horizontally onto a cookie sheet. Place a frozen mozzarella stick vertically on top of each piece of bacon. Lay a slice of avocado on top of each mozzarella stick.
- Wrap the bacon around the mozzarella sticks and bacon. Push a toothpick through the center to secure
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes
- To Serve: Spoon a tablespoon of the black bean salsa into a 2 oz. shot glass. Place one of the bacon wrapped cheese sticks in each shot glass with the salsa.
Balsamic Peach, Baby Arugula and Burrata CrostiniPrep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 30 minutes / Servings: 12 crostini
|Balsamic Peach, Baby Arugula|
and Burrata Crostini
- 1 loaf freshly baked Italian bread, cut into 12, 1" thick slices
- 16oz. bag of frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 8 oz. Burrata cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, combine the balsamic vinegar and the brown sugar. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat on medium heat until sugar is melted, stirring occasionally. Stir in the peaches and allow the mixture to simmer and reduce, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool before serving.
- Brush both sides of the bread with extra virgin olive oil. Season one side with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the bread slices on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes, until toasted and golden. Allow them to cool slightly before handling.
- Spread about a tbsp. of the burrata cheese onto each of the toasted bread slices. Top with a few leaves of the baby arugula and place 2-3 of the balsamic peach slices on top of the arugula. Serve with white wine and enjoy!
Caprese & Olive Rosemary Skewers
Prep Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 0 minutes / Servings: 12
|Caprese & Olive Rosemary Skewers|
- 12 rosemary sticks
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 24 small mozzarella balls
- 12 large, pitted kalamata olives
- 24 small basil leaves
- Peel leaves off each rosemary stick, leaving about 1/2 " of the leaves on the top.
- Cut the base of the stick so that it comes to a point.
- Use the stick as a skewer and place a cherry tomato, a basil leaf, a mozzarella ball and an olive onto the stick. If there's still room on the stick, follow up with a final cherry tomato, basil leaf and a mozzarella ball.
- Place on a tray and serve!
Mini Bacon & Avocado Nacho Cups
Prep Time: 5 minutes / Cook Time: 5 minutes / Servings: 12
- 12 Tostitos Scoops chips
- 3 slices pre-cooked bacon
- 1/2 fresh avocado, chopped
- 12 tsp. spicy nacho cheese dip
- 6 tsp. black bean and corn salsa
- Heat the bacon in a small skillet on high heat for 3-5 minutes, turning once. Remove from the heat and allow to cool Chop into small bits and set aside.
- Place a tsp. of the nacho cheese dip into the center of each of the chips (you can heat it for about 30 seconds if you wish).
- Place a couple of pieces of the chopped avocado into each of the cups. Sprinkle with the chopped bacon and top with 1/2 tsp. of the salsa. Serve immediately.
Mediterranean Phyllo Cups
Prep Time: 5 minutes / Cook Time: 5 minutes / Servings: 12
- 12 frozen mini Phyllo cups
- 12 tsp. spinach dip
- 2-3 artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2-3 black or green olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp. feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp. dry Italian salami, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375. Place a tsp. of the spinach dip into the center of each of the phyllo cups and place them on a cookie sheet. Heat in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until the dip is warm and the cups are golden brown.
- Chop all the other ingredients and combine them in a mixing bowl. Spoon a bit of the mixture into the center of each of the warm Phyllo cups. Serve immediately.
Caramel Pecan Donut Pops
Prep Time: 5 minutes / Cook Time: 0 minutes / Servings: 12
- 12 plain or glazed donut holes
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup praline pecans, finely chopped or crushed
- Roll the donut holes in the caramel sauce one at a time, then roll them in the crushed pralines.
- Place them on a serving tray and push a lollipop stick into each of the donut holes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Post a Comment