There are two really famous/funny sloppy joes references that Adam Sandler has, the first is from Billy Madison, where he is enjoying a delicious, healthy (not) elementary school cafeteria lunch with his school buddies. The second, is a hilarious song and video about the "Lunch Lady" and her sloppy joes. The video features the late and great Chris Farley doing his best impression of what the famous Sloppy Joe Lunch Lady may have looked like.
So, today is an oldie but a goodie. We're doing my Jambalaya Joes. It's about the one year anniversary of my very first cooking contest win, and this is the recipe that did it! They're healthy, yummy and just a little bit spicy! I use ground turkey, chicken andouille sausage and just a little bit of light Philadelphia cream cheese, just to give it a creamy kick. Enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes / Cook time: 15 minutes / Servings: 4
- 1 pound(s) of Lean Ground Turkey
- 6 ounce(s) of Chicken Andouille Sausage, chopped (about 2 sausages)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Light Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp. of Creole Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. of paprika
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) of spaghetti sauce (from a jar)
- 4 Hamburger buns, toasted
- In a large skillet, combine sausage, ground turkey and red bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper and cook on medium heat until turkey is fully browned and cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Add Creole seasoning, paprika, spaghetti sauce and tomato. Stir until combined and add cream cheese. Stir and continue to cook until all ingredients are combined and sauce reduces, another 5 minutes.
- To Serve: Spoon 1/4 of the meat mixture onto the toasted hamburger buns. Repeat, serve and enjoy!