Gorgonzola Stuffed Figs in a Blanket with Honey Balsamic Glaze
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 15 minutes / Servings 20-24 pieces
|Gorgonzola Stuffed Figs in a Blanket|
with Honey Balsamic Glaze
- 10-12 fresh, Black Mission figs
- 4 oz. Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- 8 oz. thinly sliced Prosciutto
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- a pinch of garlic powder
- a pinch each of salt and pepper
- 2 scallions, green parts only, finely chopped
- 1 bottle of your favorite red wine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the hard tips off the figs and cut them in half lengthwise down the middle.
- Stuff a large chunk of Gorgonzola cheese into the middle of each fig
- Tear the prosciutto into thin, uneven strips and wrap it around the
stuffed figs. Don't worry about being neat or even, some of them will
have more than others.
- Place the figs on a cookie sheet and place them in the oven at 375
degrees for about 15 minutes. Be careful not to over cook them, the
cheese will melt and leak out if they're cooked for too long. Just get
the prosciutto warm and a little bit crisp. Remove from the heat and
- For the glaze, combine the honey, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder,
salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and
combined. Add in about 3/4 of the chopped scallions and stir.
- To serve: Transfer the figs to a serving dish and transfer the glaze
to a small serving bowl. Drizzle some of the glaze over the figs with a
spoon and garnish the figs with the rest of the scallions. Guzzle the
rest of your wine and pour another glass to sip while you eat your
Sun Devil Sopes
|Sun Devil Sopes|
Prep Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 40 minutes / Servings: 24 sopes
- 1 lb.Turkey Chorizo, removed from casings
- 1 lb. Spicy Smoked Chicken Sausages, chopped
- 8.25 oz. jar Mole Paste
- 32 oz. water
- 1 Anaheim Chile, seeded, chopped and membrane removed
- 2 boxes (8.5 oz.) cornbread mix
- 1.5 cups low-fat, (2%) Milk
- 2 egg whites
- 4 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes and chiles
- 1 cup finely shredded leaf lettuce
- 1 Avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Queso Cotija, crumbled (Cacique)
- 1/2 cup Crema Mexicana (Cacique)
- non-stick cooking spray
1. Heat griddle or skillet to medium heat.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine cornbread mix, milk, egg whites
and olive oil. Whisk until just combined. Let the mixture rest and
thicken for about 3-4 minutes.
3. Spray the griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Pour about ¼ cup of the corn bread batter onto the skillet at a
time, forming the sopes, about 6" in diameter. Cook on medium heat for
2-3 minutes on each side, flipping them when the sides begin to dry and
bubble. Set them aside and cover when cooked.
|Corn Bread Pancakes|
5. Heat a large skillet to high heat. Add all the sausages and the
Anaheim chile. Cook on medium heat for about 7 minutes until sausage is
cooked through. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
6. Reduce heat in the same skillet to medium. Add the water and stir
to deglaze the bottom of the pan for about 2 minutes. Add the mole
paste, stir to cook and melt the paste, about 5 minutes. When the sauce
is thick and bubbly, add the sausage and chiles back in. Reduce the
heat to a simmer for about 15 minutes, until everything is combined and
the sauce is slightly reduced.
|Chicken and Turkey Sausages in Mole Sauce|
7. To Serve: Use a slotted spoon to drain the meat and spoon about
1/4 cup of the sausage mixture into the center of the sopes. Top with
shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, avocado slices, a sprinkle of queso
fresco crumbles and a small drizzle of crema Mexicana.
Almost Sicilian Fire Stix
|Almost Sicilian Fire Stix|
Prep Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 30 minutes / Servings: 6
- 6 slices uncured, nitrate-free bacon, chopped
- 5 chicken breast tenders, chopped
- 2 Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage links, chopped
- 4 oz. turkey pepperoni, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1cup Shredded Italian Four Cheese blend
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. red chile flake
- salt and pepper
- 6 whole wheat, spinach or tomato basil tortillas
INGREDIENT TIP: TRADER JOE'S HAS THE NITRATE-FREE BACON, TURKEY PEPPERONI AND THE CHICKEN SAUSAGE AT VERY REASONABLE PRICES.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a large, glass baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the chopped bacon for 3-4 minutes on high heat.
- Add chopped chicken tenders, chopped red bell pepper, chopped
Italian Sausage, garlic powder, and red chile flake. Season with salt
and pepper, stir until combined, reduce heat to medium and continue to
cook for about 7 minutes, until chicken and sausage are cooked through.
- Add chopped pepperoni, chopped tomatoes, chopped scallions and
chopped basil. Stir until all ingredients are combined and continue to
cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir until melted and combined, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon 1/6 of the chicken mixture lengthwise into the center of one
of the tortillas. Wrap the tortilla around the chicken mixture and place
it seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the other 5
- Spray the fire stix with cooking spray and cook in the oven at 375
for about 15-20 minutes, until the tortillas are crispy and golden
brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- TO SERVE: Cut the fire stix on a diagonal angle, showing the inner
contents of the fire stix. Arrange on a platter and serve with warm
Marinara Sauce or Ranch Dressing (or both!)
Bacon & Mushroom Mini Crostata
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 35 minutes / Servings: 6
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
- 6 slices of bacon, chopped
- 10 ounces Crimini Mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 Ready Made thin crust Pizza Dough
- 1/4 cup flour for dusting
- 1 medium green onion, chopped (green part only)
a large skillet, fry the bacon on high heat for 7-10 minutes until the
bacon is browned and crispy. Remove from the heat with a slotted spoon,
reserve drippings and set aside.
the mushrooms to the bacon drippings, season with salt and pepper and
continue to cook the mushrooms on high heat for another 7-10 minutes,
until the mushrooms are golden brown.
a large mixing bowl, add the bacon, mushrooms, cream cheese, parmesan
cheese and garlic. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
a large stone baking pan or cookie sheet with flour. Unroll the pizza
dough completely. Using a biscuit cutter or ramekin, cut 6 four-inch
rounds from the dough. Remove the remainder of the dough, re-roll it
out and cut another 6 rounds.
about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center of the
dough rounds. Gently fold the edges toward the center of the filling,
leaving the middle exposed to show the filling.
the mini crostata with cooking spray and bake on the baking stone or
cookie sheet for 15 minutes or until the edges of the crostata are
golden brown. Remove from heat, allow to cool for about 3 minutes,
garnish with green onion and serve immediately.
Thai Chicken Pizza Bites
Prep Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 40 minutes / Servings: 12
- 1 Store bough, ready made pizza dough
- 1 cup Dark, sweet Barbeque Sauce
- 1/4 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 chicken thighs, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 scallions, chopped including white tips
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup fresh Basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kraft Shredded Parmesan Cheese
the pizza dough onto a stone baking pan or cookie sheet and par-bake in
the oven at 400 degrees for about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and
a large skillet with cooking spray. Add the chicken, season with salt,
pepper and garlic powder. Cook on medium heat for 7-10 minutes until
the chicken is cooked through.
a small saucepan, combine barbeque sauce, cream cheese, peanut butter
and hot sauce. Cook on low heat for about 2-3 minutes and stir with a
whisk until all ingredients are warm and combined.
the sauce to the chicken, stir until combined and let simmer on low
heat for about 10-15 minutes until the sauce reduces by about half.
- Transfer the chicken and sauce to a large mixing bowl. Add carrots, basil and scallions. Stir until combined.
a biscuit cutter or drinking glass, cut small rounds out of the
par-baked pizza dough. Spray the cookie sheet with cooking spray and
transfer the rounds back to the cookie sheeet.
about 1/2 tbsp. of the chicken mixture onto the dough rounds. Top with
mozerella cheese and place in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10-15
minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven, top with
cilantro and serve.
Spinach & Artichoke Bruschetta
|Spinach & Artichoke Bruschetta|
Prep time: 20 minutes / Cook time: 20 minutes / Servings: 12
- 1 loaf of fresh artisan bread
- 8 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Chive & Onion Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) of mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cup(s) of Kraft Shredded Five Cheese Italian Blend
- 10 ounce(s) of chopped frozen spinach
- 1 13.75 oz. can of artichoke quarters
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
the spinach by running it under warm water for about 5 minutes.
Remove from the package and drain it well by squeezing it with your
hands. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Drain and chop about 1/2 of the can of artichokes. This should give
you about 1 cup of chopped artichokes. Transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Press or finely chop the garlic cloves and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add softened cream cheese and mayonnaise to the mixing bowl.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well with a spoon until
all ingredients are combined.
- Cut bread loaf lengthwise, creating two long halves. Cut again crosswise, creating 12-14 bruschetta size breadsticks.
- Generously spread the dip onto the bruschetta pieces with a spoon.
Top each piece generously with cheese and arrange onto a cookie sheet
or baking pan.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, until the
cheese is melted and slightly browned. Remove from the oven and serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 10 minutes / Servings: 2 KESA-DILLAS
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 2 key limes, sliced in half
- cooking spray
- Sriracha hot chili sauce for dipping (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook the chopped bacon until its brown and
crispy, about 7-10 minutes. Drain from the drippings with a slotted
spoon and set aside. Reserve about 1 tbsp. of the drippings and keep
the skillet hot.
- In a medium bowl, chop and combine the tomato, scallions and cilantro. Set aside.
- Spray the heated skillet with cooking spray. Place one tortilla
flat in the bottom of the heated skillet and sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded
cheddar cheese on top of the tortilla.
- Spread about 1/2 of the chopped bacon on top of the cheese, and
about 1/3 of the tomato mixture on top of the bacon, and another 1/4 cup
of the cheese on top of the tomato mixture. Place a second tortilla on
- Press lightly with a spatula to melt all the ingredients together
and continue to cook for about 2-3 minutes per side. Spray the top
tortilla with cooking spray before flipping over and cooking the other
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool for 2-3 minutes and then cut into sections with a pizza cutter.
- Repeat steps for the second KESA-DILLA. Garnish with remaining tomato mixture and limes. Serve immediately.
Post a Comment