|Chopped Southwest Chicken Salad |
with Chipotle Mango Avocado Dressing
It's so great having a fellow foodie for a hubby...especially when he calls in a dinner idea and it turns into a beautiful team effort!
We're coming off of a vacation with lots of decadent dishes and meals, so we're happy to be back at home and eating super healthy. Hubby asked for a healthy, chopped taco-ish salad, so here's what he got!
Today is a gluten-free, super low-fat meal with lots of fresh, healthy ingredients and a huge boost from some bold Southwest flavors! The dressing is so healthy and delicious on this one, I'll be making it again and again!
Chopped Southwest Chicken Salad with Chipotle Mango Avocado Dressing
Prep Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time : 10 minutes / Servings: 4
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders, chopped
- 1 medium head of leaf lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh jicama
- 1 ear of white corn, kernels removed and ear discarded
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
|Chopped Southwest Chicken Salad with |
Chipotle Mango Avocado Dressing
- 2 mangoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 avocado, peeled and seeded
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium heat. Add the chopped chicken and the spice blend. Stir to combine and continue to cook on medium heat for 7-10 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the lettuce, beans, bell pepper, jicama, corn and scallions. Mix well to combine and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender combine all the ingredients for the dressing. Mix on high speed until smooth and creamy. Adjust seasoning to taste, mix well on high speed and set aside.
- To Serve: Place the mixed salad ingredients in a very large serving bowl. Spread the chicken on top. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the chicken and top with a few tablespoons of the dressing. Garnish wit a sprig of cilantro. Serve the extra dressing on the side.
Post a Comment