|Green Tea Gelato Sandwiches|
I've always loved Green Tea Ice Cream, but I was always afraid to make it myself because I thought the ingredients would be hard to find. It turns out that the Matcha Green Tea powder used to make it is available in any spice, coffee or tea shop! The rest are just normal ice cream ingredients!
As for the Almond Shortbread cookies...what if I told you they were made with only FOUR ingredients and a little candy topping?! What if I told you this low-fat Green Tea Gelato was ALSO only FOUR ingredients?! Sound easy and fun? It is! These are a great little summer fun-time treat that are sure to impress even your pickiest guests! Enjoy!
P.S. Don't let the "Gelato" word fool you, its just a fancy Italian name for "ice cream" that's sometimes made with low-fat milk.
Almond Short-Bread Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 35 minutes / Servings: 8 cookies
- 7 tbsp. cold, unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Extra sugar or cookie candy decoration for dusting at the end (I used Pampered Chef Sweet Caramel Sprinkle)
- Combine butter and flour in a food processor and mix on high speed until the mixture resembles bread crumbs, about 3 minutes.
- Add sugar and continue to mix until ingredients stay together when pinched, about another 3 minutes.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a small, shallow baking tin. Press the cookie mixture into the bottom of the pan and level out with the bottom of a drinking glass.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Dust with extra sugar or cookie candy decoration. Using a 2 or 3 inch biscuit cutter or drinking glass, cut out cookies from baked cookie dough. Place on a wire rack to cool.
Low-Fat Green Tea Gelato
Prep Time: 5 minutes / Freeze Time: 30 minutes / Servings: 6
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup low-fat (2%) milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. Matcha green tea powder
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix on high speed for about 2 minutes, until sugar dissolves.
- Place mixture into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer instructions for completing ice cream or gelato instructions.
- TO MAKE SANDWICHES: Place one small scoop of gelato onto one cookie. Press another cookie on top and enjoy!
Post a Comment