|Mocha Cheesecake Mousse Nests|
This is my entry for this week's Real Women of Philadelphia Dessert Cookbook Contest. This light and easy velvety chocolate cheesecake mousse has just a bit of instant coffee to give it a mocha-java flare! The eggs are a mint chip ice cream to finish it off with just a little light minty chill! I served it in a bed of fresh mint to give it the full "bird's nest" effect!
Prep time: 30 minutes / Cook time: 5 minutes / Servings: 4
- 8 ounce(s) of Cool Whip
- 8 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounce(s) of Dark Chocolate
- 2 tbsp. of Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp. of instant coffee granules
- 1 3/4 ounce(s) of Chocolate Candy Decorations
- 1 pint(s) of Mint Chip Ice Cream
- 3 cup(s) of Fresh Mint Leaves
- In a small saucepan combine chocolate, heavy cream and instant coffee. Heat on low heat and stir constantly until ingredients are melted, combined and coffee granules are dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and place pan in the freezer for about 10 minutes to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine Cool Whip and Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Add chocolate mixture and mix with electric mixer on high speed until all ingredients are combined, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon 1/4 of the mousse onto 4 separate serving dishes in round shapes. Use the back of a spoon to hollow out the center of the mousse, creating a nest shape. Sprinkle with the chocolate candy decorations.
- Break off mint sprigs with just a bit of stem and secure them to the bottom of the nests.
- Using a melonballer or teaspoon, place three or four spoonfuls of ice cream into the center of the nest, making them look like eggs. Serve immediately.