|Santa Fe Veggie Stuffed Avocados|
Summertime in San Diego means LOTS of fresh, delicious avocados! This recipe is so colorful, tasty and easy, its too good NOT to try. I started by hollowing out the avocados just a bit and mixed the removed fruit up with a simple, southwest veggie blend of corn, black beans, poblano chiles, red peppers and roasted onions. Then I added Philadelphia Cooking Creme's Santa Fe blend. It's zesty combination of red bell pepper, chipotle chili pepper, lime juice, jalapenos, and of course, lots of great Philadelphia Cream Cheese! As soon as this recipe hits your lips, all the flavors of my home and its culture start taking you on a savory Southwest voyage! Adios!
Santa Fe Veggie Stuffed Avocados
Prep time: 20 minutes / Cook time: 0 minutes / Servings: 8
- 5 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cooking Creme, Santa Fe Blend
- 14 ounce(s) of Frozen Southwest Vegetable Blend (Bird's Eye has a good blend)
- 1/4 cup(s) of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 4 Avocados
- Place the frozen vegetables in a strainer and run under warm water for about 5 minutes, until thawed. Drain water and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- With a large knife, cut the avocados in half lengthwise and discard the seeds. With a spoon, hollow out the avocados a bit more by running the spoon in a circle around the pit, leaving about 1/2 the fruit in the shells. Chop the removed fruit and add it to the mixing bowl.
- Add the Philadelphia Cooking Creme and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Fill the hollowed avocados with the Cooking Creme mixture. Top or garnish with chopped cilantro and sliced limes. Serve immediately.
Post a Comment