|Center: You Don't Mess With the Hummus
Chips (Clockwise from top left): Trader Joe's Rice & Bean Chips with Adzuki Beans,
Snack Salad Snapea Crisps, Trader Joe's Sea Salt & Pepper Crisps,
Trader Joe's Roasted Plantain Chips
You Don't Mess With the Zohan was released in 2008, and I didn't intend on seeing it in the theatre, but we ended up watching it when the other movie we went to see was sold out. We were very pleasantly surprised. Sandler takes a comedic look at some of the stereotypes we see in Middle Eastern cultures in this film, and highlights all the creative and versatile uses for Hummus!
In this scene, Zohan visits his parents for a family dinner and his father gives an example of his family's affinity for the simple and tasty garbanzo bean-based dish. Take a look:
So for today's dish, we're creating "You Don't Mess With the Hummus." It's a really simple dish that, as we've already seen, can serve as a dip for just about anything. In the photo I showed it with today, I used four different varieties of chips from Trader Joe's, all of which are gluten-free: Trader Joe's Rice & Bean Chips with Adzuki Beans, Snack Salad Snapea Crisps, Trader Joe's Sea Salt & Pepper Crisps, and Trader Joe's Roasted Plantain Chips
You Don't Mess With the Hummus
Prep Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 0 minutes / Servings: 8
|You Don't Mess
With the Hummus
- 15oz. can garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp. tahini paste
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped red bell pepper (for garnish)
- In a blender of food processor, combine beans, tahini, garlic and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Blend for about 30 seconds until smooth.
- Slowly stream in the olive oil while the processor is still on.
- Transfer mixture to a serving dish and garnish with red bell pepper.
|You Don't Mess With the Hummus