|Unda-neath da Mango Tree Martinis...Shaken, Not Stirred|
Well, it's day two of our Movie Mania Menu week, and I have to say...I'm hooked.
Now, I'd be shaming my entire family if I didn't do a James Bond recipe and make it some kind of vodka martini...shaken, not stirred. Growing up, I remember seeing EVERY James Bond movie, the DAY it came out. To this day, the Roger Moore James Bond films from the 80's are some of my timeless favorites. My father was a walking encyclopedia of James Bond trivia, and has since passed the torch onto my younger brother. You really don't want to play the James Bond edition of "Scene It" in our house. You won't win.
When the VHS and DVD sets came out, we had access to ALL Bond films, all the time. We were opened up to the previous genre of James Bond, the young and handsome Sean Connery. I instantly fell in love with the first film, Dr. No, with characters like Odd Job, Dr. Julius No, and the beautiful Ursula Andress as Honey Rider.
The super famous beach scene where she meets Bond for the first time is a classic movie scene. You just can't get that darn song "Underneath the Mango Tree" out of your head for DAYS once you hear it. So today, we're doing Unda-neath da Mango Tree Martinis...shaken, not stirred. They're so good, they're dangerous. Just like James Bond!
Unda-neath da Mango Tree Martinis...Shaken, Not Stirred
Prep Time: 5 minutes / Cook Time: 0 minutes / Servings: 3 Martinis
|Unda-neath da Mango Tree|
Martinis...Shaken, Not Stirred
- 6 oz. Absolut Mango Vodka (Absolut is the VERY best Mango Vodka)
- 2 oz. Orange Juice
- 2 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 2 oz. Mango Nectar
- Fill a martini shaker about 1/4 full with crushed ice.
- Add vodka, mango nectar, pineapple and orange juice.
- Place the cover on the martini shaker and shake vigorously for about 10 seconds.
- Strain into martini glasses through the top of the shaker. Serve and drink immediately.
- Repeat steps over and over and make lots of moo-la-loo-soo.
Post a Comment