Yes, pumpkin pie spice EVERYTHING for me please! I love sneaking pumpkin pie spice into almost everything I cook in the fall season, especially with squashes and hot beverages.
Served with braised pork chops in the photo, my Acorn Squash and Apple Mash is the perfect savory and sweet side dish. It's healthy, easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious.
Prep time: 15 minutes / Cook time: 45 minutes / Servings: 4
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 medium Gala or Fuji apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 3 tbsp. of butter
- 1/2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice
- salt and pepper
- Cut the acorn squash in half and remove seeds. Place 1 tbsp. butter in the hole of each piece and season with salt and pepper. Wrap each piece in tin foil and cook in the oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, until soft when pierced with a fork.
- Place the apples in a skillet with 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice and 2 tbsp. water. Cover and cook on medium heat until apples are soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven and scoop out with a spoon into a large mixing bowl. Add apples, cream cheese, 1 tbsp. butter, 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, and salt & pepper to taste. Mix with electric mixer until smooth. Serve immediately.
Post a Comment