The pumpkin recipes continue this week with my favorite dessert, home made ice cream! I served this dish after Thanksgiving dinner last year, before everyone had indulged in too much pie. I really wanted to give them a change from the traditional pumpkin pie that they were all so attached to. It worked!
I can't say enough wonderful things about this dessert. I crave it regularly, and every time I see this photo, I sigh and I long for fall. Finally, its HERE!
Oh, and by the way, Trader Joe's has the BEST Praline Pecans! If you make this dessert, use them!
Pumpkin Praline Ice Cream
Prep time: 5 minutes / Cook time: 20 minutes / Total time: 25 minutes / Servings: 4
- 1 cup(s) of Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup(s) of 2% Low-Fat Milk
- 4 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp. of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup(s) of sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) of canned, unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 cup(s) of Praline Pecans, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 4 Gingersnap cookies
- 4 tbsp. of Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- In a blender or food processor, combine cream, milk, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, pumpkin and vanilla. Mix until sugar dissolves and all ingredients are combined, about 2 minutes. Transfer ingredients to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer instructions for ice cream. Add pecans 10 minutes into making the ice cream.
- To serve, scoop ice cream into martini glass, garnish with Ginger Snap cookie and drizzle 1 tbsp. caramel ice cream topping. Serve immediately.