These yummy babies are a staple in our house! They're easy and delicious and have tons of healthy flavors! I love Thai food and these are a perfectly fused mix of East and West.
|Thai Chicken Tacos|
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 2 tbsp. natural peanut butter (I use Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 cup dark, sweet barbecue sauce (I use KC Masterpiece Original)
- 1/2 tsp. Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 8 corn tortillas
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, basil and scallions. Mix well until combined. Set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat the pan on medium heat and add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper and garlic powder. Continue to cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the chicken is almost cooked through.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine barbecue sauce, peanut butter and Sriracha hot sauce. Mix well until combined and add to the chicken. Stir well and cook on medium heat until the sauce reduces by about 1/2 and the chicken is cooked through.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave or on a gas burner for 30 seconds each.
- To serve: Place 2-3 tortillas flat on a plate, place about 1/8 of the chicken mixture into each of the tortillas, sprinkle with the cilantro mixture and top with carrots. Serve immediately.
Post a Comment