|Macadamia and Grilled Plantain Cannoli with Coconut Caramel Drizzle|
We've been doing so well with all our vegetarian, vegan and super-healthy dishes, I think we're ready for a summery, tropical SPLURGE, don't you?!
These take a little love, but boy are they worth it! Just the cannoli shell dipped in white chocolate and rolled in macadamia nuts and coconut is enough for me to swoon, but we filled it with some tropical grilled plantains, lots of delicious, creamy marscapone cheese, and a kick in the shorts with some spicy dark rum!
This is a perfect, cook-to-impress dessert for your summer gatherings. Oh, and did I mention, we slathered it in a coconut milk flavored caramel topping? Yep, that just happened.
Macadamia and Grilled Plantain Cannoli with Coconut Caramel Drizzle
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Servings: 6 cannoli
- 6 Ready made cannolli shells
- 8 oz. Marscapone cheese
- 8 oz. whipped topping
- 1 large, ripe Plantain
- 1/4 cup Macadamia nuts, chopped
- 4 tbsp. Dark Spiced Rum (I used Captain Morgan's)
|Macadamia and Grilled Plantain Cannoli with|
Coconut Caramel Drizzle
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup White chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Heat an outdoor grill or grill pan on high heat. Peel and slice the plantains on a bias, creating 1/2 inch thick slices. Grill plantains for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat, chop and set aside.
- Heat the sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook on medium heat for 6-8 minutes until melted and amber in color. Swirl occasionally. Don't use a spoon to stir. The melted sugar will harden onto the spoon.
- Remove from heat and add coconut milk, butter, vanilla and salt. Whisk until smooth, combined and melted. Set aside.
- Mix shredded coconut and 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts in a small bowl.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a small bowl. Melt on high heat in microwave for 30 seconds, stir and melt for another 30 seconds if necessary. Do not overheat the chocolate!
- Dip ends of cannolli shells into the white chocolate and then immediately roll in the shredded coconut mixture.
- Using a stand or electric mixer, mix the marscapone, whipped topping and rum for about 1 minute on high speed until light and fluffy. Fold in the grilled plantains and the remaining chopped macadamia nuts.
- Spoon the marscapone mixture into a large plastic bag and seal. Snip the corner off the bag with scissors and carefully pipe the marscapone mixture into the cannolli shells from each side.
- To serve: Place the filled cannolli onto a serving dish. Drizzle the coconut caramel sauce on top and dust with powdered sugar. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Post a Comment