|Parmesan and Arugula Steak Pinwheels with Candied Balsamic Peaches|
Our third and final "Beautiful Loser" for this week is yet another gorgeously grilled creation! My husband is a true STEAK lover, and this one is by far his favorite! I'm a big fan of savory and sweet flavor combinations, so between the two of us, we're always fighting for the last bite of this dish!
These are colorful, easy and quick to make. Make the steak roll in advance, wrap it in foil and haul it off to the game for a terrific tailgating treat!
Have a great weekend everyone! We'll be back next week with MORE "Beautiful Losers"!
Parmesan and Arugula Steak Pinwheels with Candied Balsamic Peaches
- 1 cup Frozen Sliced Peaches, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp. butter, divided in half
- 1 lb. thinly sliced, boneless top round or skirt steak (about 1/4" thickness)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 tsp. each of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup baby arugula leaves
- 1/3 cup Roasted Red Peppers in olive oil, chopped
- Heat an outdoor grill and side burner to high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine half of the butter and all the minced garlic. Microwave on high heat for 15 seconds, or until the butter is melted. Add the meat, season with 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper and mix with your hands until the meat is coated and all ingredients are combined. Transfer the meat to a flat cutting board or prep area.
- Lay the meat out flat and spread the cheese out evenly over the meat.
- Spread the arugula leaves evenly over the cheese.
- Spread the roasted red peppers evenly over the arugula.
- Roll the meat up, starting with the long edge, forming a tightly rolled, lengthwise coil. Push five to six skewers through crosswise, about 2" apart.
- Grill the entire roll for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- While the meat is cooking, use a small saucepan on the side burner of the grill to melt the other half of the butter on high heat. Add the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Stir and cook on high heat for about 5 minutes, until the sauce is thickened and bubbly. Stir in the peaches. Cook on high heat until the peaches caramelize and the sauce reduces by half, about 7 minutes.
- Slice the steak between the skewers, creating five to six 2" pinwheels. Place each pinwheel on a small serving dish and remove the skewer.
- Spoon the candied balsamic peaches evenly on top of the pinwheels and serve.