|Sweet & Savory Lemon and Thyme Olive Oil Cakes|
Sweet & Savory Lemon and Thyme Olive Oil Cakes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. lemon flavor baking emulsion
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil Spray
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees and spray a 12 qty. mini bundt pan with Bertolli Extra Light Flavor Olive Oil Cooking Spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the eggs and sugar together on medium speed for 4 minutes.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, sour cream, lemon bakery emulsion and thyme. Whisk until combined.
- Add the olive oil mixture to the sugar and eggs. Mix just until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in batches, mixing only until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the mini bundt tins, until 2/3 full. Bake at 275 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the heat and allow them to cool before removing them from the tins.
|Jalapeno Lime Infused Avocado Oil|
Jalapeno Lime Infused Avocado Oil
- Zest of 2 large limes
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup Avocado Oil
- Place the lime zest and chopped jalapeños into a mortar and grind with a pestle to release oils. Pour the avocado oil over and stir until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a jar and refrigerate for about 2 hours. After the mixture chills and infuses, remove it from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature. Run the oil through a strainer to remove the lime and jalapeño bits. Return the oil to the jar for use and storage. Refrigerate and store for up to a week.