|Fall Spice Hash|
It's going to be HEALTHY fall food this weekend, as I prepare for the triathlon, so here's my Fall Spice Hash to kick us off!
Prep Time: 30 minutes / Cook Time : 30 minutes / Servings: 4
- 2 large chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium acorn squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. flat leaf parsley
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a skillet. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook on medium heat until chicken is browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat an additional 2 tbsp. olive oil in the skillet. Add the chopped acorn squash and red bell pepper. Season with pumpkin pie spice and salt & pepper. Cover and cook on medium low heat for 20-30 minutes, until squash is soft when pierced with a fork. Add the chicken back in and stir until combined.
- For the rice, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add the rice and toast on high heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the chicken broth, cover and reduce to low heat. Let simmer for 30-40 minutes until liquid is absorbed and rice is soft.
- To serve: Place the brown rice on a large serving dish. Place the hash on top of the rice. Garnish with a dallop of sour cream on top and finish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Fall Spice Hash - I love this recipe and congratulations!!!ReplyDelete