|Pumpkin Cheesecake Waffles with Caramel Pecan Topping|
Prep Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 20 minutes / Servings: 4
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 10 oz. can unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 4 oz. whip cream
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup caramel bits or caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl and whisk until ingredients are combined.
- Add pumpkin, vanilla, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice and mix with electric mixer until combined.
- Continue to mix with electric mixer and add eggs one at a time, milk slowly, cream cheese and melted butter. Mix until smooth.
- Ladle batter into heated waffle iron and follow manufacturer's instructions for cooking waffles. When cooked, place on a cookie sheet in the oven at 250 to keep warm and crisp until ready to serve.
TOPPING: Combine caramel, butter and pecans in a small microwaveable bowl and heat on medium heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring often until desired thickness and heat are done.
TO SERVE: Place 1/4 waffle on a plate. Spoon cheesecake filling on top of waffle. Place 1/4 waffle on top of filling. Top with caramel pecan topping.
omg!! this is no breakfast meal! this is dessert!ReplyDelete