For an appetizer entry, I was trying to think of something a little original and healthy that had a great presentation. Well, looks can be deceiving. This was my "hot mess" entry. If you're going to make this one know this: 1) Lean meat cooks VERY QUICKLY, so you only need a couple of minutes on each side for these ground buffalo sliders; 2) Patties shrink when cooked, so when you're cutting out your gorgonzola mashed potatoes, use a smaller glass or biscuit cutter so they aren't suffocating your sliders!
I did my best to keep my composure, but you can still see open pantry doors and hear baby's cartoons on in the background! OOPS!
Buffalo Sliders with Gorgonzola Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 20 minutes / Servings: 4
- 1 lb. ground buffalo meat
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 10-12 thin apple wedges
- 20-25 asparagus tips
- 1 pound Russet Potatoes, peeled, cubed and boiled
- 1 tbsp. chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese chunks
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 Flatbread Rounds
- Boil potatoes until soft when pierced with a fork. Drain water and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add milk, butter, chives, gorgonzola cheese chunks and 1 tsp. each of salt and pepper. Mix with electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread potatoes out evenly on parchment paper to about 1/2 inch thickness. Using a drinking glass or biscuit cutter, cut out potatoes into circles.
- Place ground buffalo in a large mixing bowl. Add onions, 1 tsp. each of salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add Worcestershire Sauce and mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Spread meat out evenly on parchment paper and use the same size drinking glass or biscuit cutter to make similar size circles with the meat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Cook sliders on medium heat about 3-5 minutes on each side, until desired level of cooking is achieved.
- Cut circles out of flatbread rounds with the same size drinking glass or biscuit cutter and toast lightly in a toaster oven.
- To serve: Place toasted flatbreads on a serving plate, add one slider on top of each, followed by one of the potato rounds. Garnish with apple slices and asparagus tips.
Post a Comment