|Meatloaf Stuffed Acorn Squash|
This was actually the first entry I sent in to Lea & Perrin's for the Shine at Dinnertime challenge. My husband LOVES acorn squash, so I find myself stuffing it with just about everything I can find! I love this video because you can hear Daddy and baby giggling and playing in the background if you listen carefully. Bodhi has the best giggles!
Meatloaf Stuffed Acorn Squash
Prep Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 45 minutes / Servings 2
- 1 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Pour 1/2 tbsp. olive oil into the center of each half acorn squash. Season with 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper. Wrap in tin foil and bake in oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, remaining salt and pepper, garlic powder, tomato, red pepper and parsley. Mix with your hands until combined. Transfer to a large skillet and cook on medium/high heat for about 10-15 minutes, until completely browned.
- Remove the acorn squash from the oven, scoop the turkey mixture into the center of the acorn squash. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the stuffed squash and place in the broiler for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Post a Comment