I'm always gushing about what a special community the Kraft Real Women of Philadelphia (RWOP) website is, but today, I received a huge honor from some of my favorite people. My "How To" video for Southwest Macaroni and Cheese has been selected as the winner for Philadelphia Cooking Creme's Santa Fe Blend Category! I won $2500 and now the recipe will be featured on the label of Philadelphia Cooking Creme!
This is SO special to me, not only because it was my favorite flavor of the four (obviously I like the Southwest flavors best), but my trip to Sedona was truly SO magical, I guess a little of the magic stayed with me up until it was time for the judges to pick a winner!
This is a simple and quick Mac N Cheese that's packed with flavor and heat!
Prep Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 20 minutes / Servings: 4
- 16 ounce(s) of Macaroni Elbows
- 3 Spicy Italian Sausages, casings removed
- 10 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cooking Creme, Santa Fe Blend
- 1 cup(s) of low-fat milk
- 2 cup(s) of Kraft Shredded Four Cheese Mexican Blend
- 1 Roma Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) of sliced, canned jalapenos, chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) of finely chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and boil for 6-8 minutes until soft. Drain pasta and set aside.
- In a large, deep skillet, cook sausage on medium heat for 7-10 minutes, breaking it up into small bits as it cooks.
- When the sausage is browned and cooked through, add Philadelphia Cooking Creme. Stir until combined. Add milk and stir until sauce is thick and bubbly. Stir in cheese and mix until sauce is smooth and creamy.
- In a large serving bowl, combine macaroni, cheese sauce, tomato, jalapeno, and scallions. Stir until all ingredients are combined. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.