Prep Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 10 minutes / Servings: 4
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and quartered
- 2 large Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut in half lengthwise and seed membrane removed
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno, chopped, membrane and seeds removed
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tbsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Heat a gas grill or gas stove on high heat. Place orange bell pepper directly on flame for about 5 minutes per side, until charred and soft. Remove from heat, allow to cool for 5 minutes, chop and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add tomatoes, scallions, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, cumin powder, salt and pepper. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Using a spoon or melonballer, remove the seeds from the four quarters of the cucumber, creating a hollow tube in the center of the cucumber.
- Stuff the salsa into the hollow center tube of the cucumber. Plate and serve.