|Clockwise from Left: White Chocolate Raspberry Truffles, |
Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles, Hint of Mint Truffles,
Double Chocolate Oreo Truffles
Part three of our terrific truffle journey! These are my favorites! I love chocolate and peppermint anything and these are cool, refreshing and super sweet! The green color decoration is just white chocolate chips dyed green. Michael's sells them by the bag really cheap, and they have just about every color known to man. It's very difficult to dye white chocolate on your own because most food coloring that's available in stores is water based. You need an oil-based dye for white chocolate because of the ingredients that go into making white chocolate. It will seize up instantly if anything that resembles water touches it. Contact me if you need help finding it. Enjoy!
Oreo Truffles: Hint of Mint
Prep Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 0 minutes / Servings: 24-48 Truffles
|Hint of Mint Truffles|
- 1 bag Oreo Cookies
- 8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp. Peppermint Extract
- 8 oz. Mint Chocolate Candies (Andes work well)
- 2 oz. Green Candy Chips (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, crush the Oreo cookies into a fine powder and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave for 45 seconds. Stir into the Oreo cookies until a thick batter is formed.
- Divide the batter into three sections. Transfer into separate mixing bowls. Add the Peppermint Extract to one section and stir until combined. Set the other two sections aside (they will be used for different flavor truffles).
- Using your hands, roll the batter into small, 1" diameter balls and place onto parchment paper. This will be the inside of the truffles.
- Place the mint chocolate candies into a bowl. Microwave on high heat for 30 seconds, stir and heat again until the chocolate is melted in 30 second increments. Do not overheat the chocolate.
- Using a spoon, dip each truffle into the mint chocolate and place back onto the parchment paper. Melt colored candy using the same microwave method and drizzle with a spoon over the mint chocolate. When all the truffles are coated and decorated, place them in the freezer for 5 minutes to set the chocolate. Remove and serve.
Post a Comment