|Baked Coconut Caramel Apples|
Ok, we all know that I'm on the healthy train, but let's not forget about the SO DELICIOUS train! I'm so in love with So Delicious Dairy Free Products, I'm adding their products to as many of my recipes as I can! This is another entry in the godairyfree.org and So Delicious 3-Course Recipe Contest, and it's also one of my favorite healthy desserts!
Back in the summer I made a tropical coconut caramel drizzle for one of my other recipes and I thought about how INCREDIBLE a healthy, dairy-free version would taste in my baked apples. HOLY COW! THEY ARE SO GOOD!
|Go to the contest page!|
Baked Coconut Caramel Apples
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 20 minutes / Servings: 8
- 4 large Braeburn, Gala or Fuji Apples
- 2 cups crushed granola bars
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 3/4 cup So Delicious Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk Beverage
- 3 tablespoons soy margarine
- 1 tsp. apple pie spice
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the apples in half and use a sharp paring knife or a melon-baller to scoop out the seeds and insides. Leave about 1/4 inch of fruit attached to the skin.
- In a small saucepan, combine the agave nectar, coconut milk, soy margarine and salt. Whisk until smooth, combined and bubbly. Allow to cool slightly and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the granola, apple pie spice and coconut caramel syrup. Stir until combined.
- Evenly spoon the granola mixture into the apple halves. Arrange the stuffed apples on a baking sheet or in a muffin tin tray.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Cover with tin foil if they begin to brown too much or burn on the tops. Allow the apples to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.