I've always loved Green Tea Ice Cream, but I was always afraid to make a healthy, dairy-free version of it myself because I thought the ingredients would be hard to find. It turns out that the Matcha Green Tea powder used to make it is available in any spice, coffee or tea shop and the So Delicious Coconut Milk is in almost every health food store!
Going dairy-free is easy with help from www.godairyfree.org and products from So Delicious. They've teamed up for a great 3-course recipe contest and this is one of my dessert entries!
This ice cream is delicious on its own, but I went over the top today and created these cute little sandwiches with some dairy-free Almond Shortbread cookies!
As for the Almond Shortbread cookies...what if I told you they were made with only FOUR ingredients? What if I told you this Green Tea Ice Cream was ALSO only FOUR ingredients?! Sound easy and fun? It is!
|Go to the recipe contest!|
Dairy-Free Green Tea Ice Cream
Prep Time: 5 minutes / Chill Time: 30 minutes / Servings: 4
- 14 oz. So Delicious Original Culinary Coconut Milk, well chilled
- 1 1/4 cup So Delicious Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk Beverage, well chilled
- 1 tbsp. Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix on high speed for 30 seconds. Transfer to an ice cream maker and churn for about 30 minutes until desired softness is achieved.
- For firmer ice cream: Transfer to the freezer for one hour before serving.
Almond Shortbread Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 35 minutes / Servings: 8 cookies
- 7 tbsp. cold soy margarine, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Combine margarine and flour in a food processor and mix on high speed until the mixture resembles bread crumbs, about 3 minutes.
- Add sugar and continue to mix until ingredients stay together when pinched, about another 3 minutes.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a small, shallow baking tin with non-stick cooking spray. Press the cookie mixture into the bottom of the pan and level out with the bottom of a drinking glass.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Dust with extra sugar or your favorite cookie candy decoration. Using a 2 or 3 inch biscuit cutter or drinking glass, cut out cookies from baked cookie dough. Place on a wire rack to cool.
|Dairy-Free Green Tea Ice Cream|
I would suggest perhaps using a darker color for your writing as this was impossiable to read without highlighting the text.
Hi there! You may have to let the page load for a minute or two. I do have a black background against the white text, but on some servers, it takes a minute to show up. So sorry you had to highlight it! Let me know if you want me to email you a copy of the recipe! HeatherDelete