Real Women of Philadelphia, Cookbook Contest 2011
It always feels good to get constant positive feedback from a company like Kraft Foods, Inc. Their competitive website, http://www.realwomenofphiladelphia.com/, has blessed me with more contest wins than any other website or competition I've entered.
My Peanut Butter S'mores Shooters won for their cookbook contest in October of 2011. This was the second year I was chosen to be a contributor to their community cookbook, featuring lots of delicious recipes featuring Philadelphia Cream Cheese!
Last fall, my family and I made as many different types of S’mores as we could around a back yard camp fire. There were Caramel Apple S’mores, traditional S’mores and Peppermint S’mores, but the hands-down winner was the Peanut Butter Chocolate S’more! This cute little shooter encompasses all your favorite flavors and uses my absolute favorite recipe for peanut butter crème, with Philly!
Peanut Butter S'mores Shooters
Prep time: 30 minutes / Cook time: 5 minutes / Total time: 35 minutes / Servings: 8
|Peanut Butter S'mores Shooters|
- 4 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Light Cream Cheese
- 12 Graham Cracker Sheets (48 individual crackers)
- 10 ounce(s) of bag of peatnut butter morsels
- 7 ounce(s) of jar marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup(s) of low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup(s) of chocolate syrup
- In a medium saucepan, combine peanut butter morsels, milk and Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Cook on medium heat and stir until combined and melted, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a glass mixing bowl and place in the freezer to set for about 10 minutes. Remove and mix with electric mixer until a light, fluffy peanut butter creme is created, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the graham crackers in a plastic, sealable bag. Seal the bag and break up the crackers with your hands, creating different size small chunks and crumbs. Transfer to a separate mixing bowl and add the chocolate syrup. Mix well until combined.
- Using 2oz. shot glasses, spoon about 1 tbsp. of the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of each of the shot glasses. Follow with 1 tbsp. of the peanut butter creme, then 1 tbsp. of the marshmallow creme. Finish with another 1 tbsp. of the graham cracker mixture.
- Note: If using tall, narrow shot glasses, fill two separate, small plastic bags with the peanut butter and marshmallow creme, snip off a corner and pipe the cremes into the shot glasses. Serve with long neck teaspoons.
I knew this recipe was a winner HOOP! Congratulations! Maybe we'll get to be on the same page in the cookbook! I have a couple awards for you on my blog. Don't know if you do that kind of thing but wanted you to know I appreciate your cooking talents!ReplyDelete
Aw, thanks Rebecka! I'll go take a look. I'll send you an e-mail. I'm super busy this month and may need to share some blog posts from others. You came to mind first!ReplyDelete