|Stuffed Pork Chops|
I started this recipe with some thick, pork loin chops, partially butterflied them, gave them a quick sear and finished them in the oven. The mashed potatoes are full of flavor with garlic, spinach and Kraft's Shredded Triple Cheddar Blend with just a Touch of Philly!
Stuffed Pork Chops
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 30 minutes / Servings 4
|Stuffed Pork Chops with|
Kraft "A Touch of Philadelphia"
Triple Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 4 thick cut, pork loin chops
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 medium Russet potatoes, peeled, rinsed and chopped
- 1 10oz. package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Kraft "With a Touch of Philadelphia" Triple Cheddar Shredded Cheese, plus extra for garnish
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Fill a large pot with 4 quarts of heavily salted water and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes and boil for about 12 minutes until potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork.
- While potatoes are boiling, partially butterfly the pork chops with a sharp knife. Deepen the cut a little further just in the center of the chop to create a good cavity to stuff with the potatoes. Season the chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on high heat. Add the pork chops and sear on all sides of the chops for 2-3 minutes each side to create a nice, dark color and crust all around the chops. Remove from the skillet, place chops in a roasting pan and bake chops in the oven for about 7-10 minutes until chops are cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- When potatoes are soft, drain them and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the spinach, milk, garlic powder and cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Use a potato masher to mash and combine potatoes and other ingredients. You will have plenty of extra mashed potatoes.
- To serve: Place the chops on a serving dish, open side up. Stuff about 1/4 cup of the mashed potato mixture into the open cavity of the chops. Top with extra cheese and serve.
|Stuffed Pork Chops|
Love your blog Hoop..ReplyDelete
This is a great recipe.
I am visiting all my favorite featured blogs today. Make a great day.... AKA Carol Ann
Thanks for stopping by Carol Ann!ReplyDelete